Perfumery course in Taiwan
In September 2021, facing the Covid-19 pandemic issue, we successfully organized an online version of the course by shipping all the materials and perfume samples directly to Taiwan. Students could gather at Yuan Liu’s venue and attend the class led online by our expert Axelle Frachon, an ISIPCA graduate.
ISIPCA and Yuan Liu have decided to organize another class in May 2022, keeping the online format!
The class will last 18 hours, during which the participants will learn about a variety of subjects, such as:
- The sense of smell (how the nose knows)
- What are the olfactive families?
- The history of perfumery (features historic fragrances provided by the Osmothèque)
- The perfumery language
- The raw materials extraction techniques
- How to write a brief
But more than that, participants will have the chance to take part in hands-on activities, and will work on a pot-pourri workshop and the creation of perfume. Thanks to the materials and samples shipped, each example can be smelled by the participants as if they were here!
Testimonials from participants
- The course content is very professional and understandable.
- The instructor is professional, patient, and the team is great too!
- It's like a dream come true to be able to smell some perfumes that are not easy to get. Also impressed by the instructor's teaching style.