Fragrance Expertise Formulation & Applications
Pré-requis : BAC+ 5
Presentation of the course
A year of training for students with a scientific Master's degree who wish to learn the basics of perfume creation and to understand all the stages of the process from briefing to marketing, putting the consumer at the heart of the creation!
During your training year, you will have the unique opportunity to spend a month and a half in Grasse to immerse yourself in the heritage, history and industrial fabric of the Grasse region. You will also be able to discover the culture of perfume plants and emblematic flowers.
Course codeTraining registered with the RNCP
Objectives of the course
- Develop a current knowledge of global fragrance markets, key players and consumer trends
- Acquire an expertise in olfaction, raw materials and fragrance composition
- Understand the fragrance formulation process
- Uphold safety regulation and execute quality processes
- Develop your know-how in a company thanks to a 6-month internship/work placement
Along the Fragrance Expertise , you will develop technical and soft skills such as creative thinking, research, complex problem solving, team work, project management, communication, data handling and analysis, practical lab skills, IT & Technology.
All these relevant skills meet recruiters' requirements around the world.
Fragrance Evaluation :
- Fine or Consumer Fragrance Evaluator
Fragrance Safety Regulation & Quality Control :
- Quality Control Analyst
- Quality Engineer or Manager
Fragrance Product Formulation & Development :
- Fragrance Formulator
- Fragrance Chemist
- Full-time : Teaching is provided face-to-face and remotely. The program is taught in English.
- Professional period : 5 to 6-month internship or work placement worlwide.
Tuition fees: 10 980€ for 1 year
Registration fees: 200€
- The registration fees are non-refundable and must be paid online when submitting you application.
- 30% to be paid upon acceptation
- Registration fee: 200€ to be paid via the online shop
- Graduate level: Master’s Degree in a scientific field (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology, Biological Sciences, Botany, Pharmaceutical Sciences)
- Professional experience in Fragrance is not required but recommended.
- Fluent in English : English proficiency test scores required for non-native speakers (IELTS: 6.5 or TOEFL iBT: 85 or TOEIC: 850)
Titre modalité d'inscription
- December / January - Secure your spot (limited intake) by November 29th, 2023
Second campaign :
- January / February (closing date for applications: January 19th, 2024)
- March / April (registration deadline: March 2nd, 2024)
- May (registration deadline: April 26th, 2024)
- June (registration deadline: June 7th, 2024)
- July (registration deadline: July 6th, 2024)
1-year training at ISIPCA, Versailles/Grasse, France:
450 hours of teaching
- Raw materials olfaction - 20%
- Fragrance evaluation - 10%
- Fragrance formulation - 35%
- Scientific topics - 20%
- Fragrance project - 15%
- oral presentation
- practical work
- group project presentation
- oral internship presentation
- Oct - Nov 15: 2-months remotely courses
- Nov 15 - Fev 15: Online and face-to-face courses, Olfaction lectures, Fragrances pratical works in the laboratory, team work and oral presentations at ISIPCA
- Fev 15 - March: face-to face courses and practical work in the laboratory at Grasse campus
- May - Oct : 4 to 6 months Fragrance worldwide internship
- Specific Laboratoires dedicated to formulation of fragrances, sensory analysis and analytical chemistry
- Resource center specializing in perfumery, cosmetics and flavors, databases on ingredients
- Computer room, Blackboard for online courses, specialized MOOCs.
- Laboratories in analytical chemistry and perfumes of the Côte d'Azur University (Grasse campus)
Accessibility for people with disabilities
As part of its Equity and Inclusion policy, and in accordance with the provisions of law n°2005-102 of 11 February 2005 for equal rights and opportunities, participation and citizenship of people with disabilities, ISIPCA is committed to respecting accessibility standards for people with disabilities and to proposing adapted training arrangements.
Contact for the Disability Officer:
Ms Sophie Lathuillière - email@example.com
Key figures for training
6 months after graduation
(Class of 2020)
before completion of training
(National rate 23% - Year 2020)