Cosmetic Expertise Formulation & Applications
Pré-requis : BAC+ 5
Presentation of the course
A one-year training course for students with a scientific Master's degree who wish to learn the basics of cosmetics creation and to understand all the stages of the process from briefing to marketing by putting the consumer at the heart of the creation!
Training codeTraining registered with the RNCP
Objectives of the course
- Develop a current knowledge of global cosmetics markets, key players and consumer trends
- Acquire an expertise cosmetic composition
- Understand and master cosmetic formulation process
- Uphold safety regulation and execute quality processes
- Develop your know-how in a company thanks to a 6-month internship/work placement
Along the Cosmetic Expertise, you will develop technical and soft skills such as creative thinking, research, complex problem solving, team work, project management, communication, data handling and analysis, practical lab skills, IT & Technology.
All these relevant skills meet recruiters' requirements around the world.
Cosmetic Product Formulation & Development :
- Cosmetic/Makeup/skincare product development manager
- Cosmetic Chemist or Scientist
Cosmetic Safety Regulation & Quality Control :
- Quality Control Analyst
- Quality Engineer or Manager
- Teaching is provided face-to-face and remotely.
- The program is taught in English.
Professional period :
- 5 to 6-month internship or work placement worlwide.
Registration fees: 200€
- The registration fees are non-refundable and must be paid online when submitting you application.
- 30% to be paid upon acceptation
Tuition fees: 10 980€ for 1 year
- 200€ for application handling fees (mandatory and non-refundable)/ Payment online. Click below to submit your payment:
- Graduate level: Master’s Degree in a scientific field (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology, Biological Sciences, Botany, Pharmaceutical Sciences)
- Professional experience in Cosmetic is not required but recommended. Fluent in English : English proficiency test scores required for non-native speakers (IELTS: 6.5 or TOEFL iBT: 85 or TOEIC: 850)
Titre modalité d'inscription
- December / January - Secure your spot (limited intake) by November 29th, 2023
Second campaign :
- January / February (closing date for applications: January 19th, 2024)
- March / April (registration deadline: March 2nd, 2024)
- May (registration deadline: April 26th, 2024)
- June (registration deadline: June 7th, 2024)
- July (registration deadline: July 6th, 2024)
1-year training at ISIPCA, Versailles, France:
450 hours of teaching
- Sensorial evaluation - 15%
- Cosmetic raw materials - 10%
- Cosmetic formulation - 40%
- Scientific topics - 20%
- Cosmetic project - 15%
- oral presentation
- practical work
- group project presentation
- oral internship presentation
- Oct - Nov 15: 2-months remotely courses
- Nov 15 - Fev: Online and face-to-face courses, Cosmetic pratical works in the laboratory, team work and oral presentations
- March - Oct: 4 to 6 months Cosmetic worldwide internship
- Specific Laboratoires dedicated to formulation of cosmetics, sensory analysis and analytical chemistry
- Resource center specializing in perfumery, cosmetics and flavors, databases on ingredients
- Computer room, Blackboard for online courses, specialized MOOCs
Accessibility for people with disabilities
As part of its policy Equity/Inclusion, and in accordance with the provisions of law n°2005-102 of 11 February 2005 for equal rights and opportunities, participation and citizenship of people with disabilities, ISIPCA is committed to respecting accessibility standards for people with disabilities and to proposing adapted training arrangements.
Contact for the Disability Officer: Ms Sophie Lathuillière - firstname.lastname@example.org
Key training figures
(Class of 2021)
6 months after graduation
(Class of 2020)
before the end of the course
(National rate 23% - Year 2020)